Green Your Home in a Snap with WoolDryerBalls.com, Glass Dharma Glass Straws and Bona Hardwood Floor Mop!

8:22 am

Every day I strive to do something else around the house to lessen my impact on the earth. And while I know there is much to be done, but each little thing adds up and makes a difference.

And they don't cost a fortune either! Woo woo!

Here are some wonderful products to help you save the earth one day at a time:

WoolDryerBalls.com

If you are using dryer sheets each time you do a wash, just think about the piles and piles of debris that you have accumulated! There's no reason for this, especially when you've got the beautifullly handmade Wool Dryer Balls that keep your clothes from being full of static and hair and even softens them!

They work the same as dryer sheets - only better. The balls come as a set of 6 and each dry, just toss 4-6 of them in and see the difference it makes:

"When you use 4 balls in your dryer, you can cut an average of 25% off your large load drying time and cut around 35-45% off your small loads!! The balls circulate and separate the clothing and get the warm dry air right down to the core of the laundry load! The more you have the faster the drying time, softer softness and money saved. They speed up the drying time and soften up by gentle friction of the felted wool fibers against your clothing fibers. The rubber/plastic dryer balls that are out there can be harsh and I have found them to tear at towels, and hems," says the creator.

These handmade beauties don't clang around loudly like those plastic ones and you can reuse them over and over again. They will start to pill, but your clothes won't, so be sure to use them everytime you dry!

I think these are a fantastic find and I love that they are handmade. Get yours now!

GlassDharma Glass Straws

A friend of mine drinks from a straw because she is allergic to severly cold drinks. My Mom enjoys drinking from a straw instead of a can or bottle - she's so ladylike and British in more ways than one! And I simply like it because I find I can drink waay more water that way.

But the environmental consequences of throwing away all of those plastic straws is huge. So what's a girl to do?

Thank goodness for the smart thinking folks at GlassDharma They've made ones that are reusable, sustainable and easy to use and clean - just rinse through and reuse!

You can actually use them for both hot and cold drinks and they are dishwasher safe.

They are handmade by glassblower David Leonhardt and come with a LIFETIME GUARANTEE AGAINST BREAKAGE, which is out-of-this-world fantastic, as are his straws.

They come in different sizes and styles so be sure to get a bunch to keep at the ready!

I'm keeping mine on the kitchen counter so that every time I reach for a drink, I'll be sure to use it. It's a wonderful invention that it now as much of my daily routine as my morning cup of joe - which I now drink with my glass straw!

Homemade and made well - you can't ask for anything more than that!

Bona Hardwood Floor Mop

For years I've been using the same kind of mop that my Mom used and probably my Grandma too. You know the one - the brightly coloured handle with a yellow or orange sponge on the end. Mine had become so beyond that the prongs that held the sponge on had completely worn out and I'd been holding the sponge on with elastic bands.

I know -completely embarrassing, but I didn't know what else to do. I could have gone out and got another one, the same one but new, but I wanted something better. Waaay better.

And that's when I found my Bona Hardwood Floor Mop.

There is much to love about this baby!

First of all, there is a long, flat microfiber cleaning pad that not only traps all of the dirt, but gets into places my mop never could and where I would have to hand wash corners and places like under our night tables, under the kitchen table and chairs and under the couch and theater chairs. As well, it's super absorbent, can be used on many types of floors other than hardwood (I use it on our tile floors in the kitchen and bathroom), and it can be washed up to 300 times, which means you are not adding to our landfills with those disposable floor wipes or sponges that don't break down!

I like the long handle, which means I no longer have to crouch to get in and around things and though it is a little bit heavy when you have a full cartridge of cleaner attached, it is completely easy and comfortable to use. I also love the fact that you can spray the cleaner with just a squeeze of the convenient lever right in the mop - no getting your hands wet and dirty anymore! Hallelujah!

The Hardwood Floor Cleaner honestly makes the floors look much better than they've ever looked - they are old and worn, but look smashing once I've cleaned with my Bona mop! And as the company says, "Unlike all-purpose cleaners, this cleaner will not dull your floor finish or leave an oily residue." And it picks up way more stains, scuffs and hair than my old mop. Waaay more.

Not only is the cleaner non-toxic, it's environmentally friendly and GREENGUARD certified for indoor air quality and also the more stringent certification for the Children & Schools program.

So you can see how good it is for you and your home. You can feel good using and because we have our lovely Cosmo, it's important not to have chemicals on the floor. And here's the bonus - our wonderful place used to take about 30 minutes to mop as there is hardwood in almost all our rooms.

Now it takes only 7.

I have already recommended the mop to friends, family and colleagues and I've got my neighbours asking to try it out.

It's that good. And the best part? I actually enjoy doing the floors now.

Can you say that about your current mop? Didn't think so.

Get a Bona Hardwood Floor Mop for yourself and see how much fun and easy it can actually be!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like me on Facebook