It's Spring - Time for New Perfumes from Alfred Sung, Demeter Fragrance Library, Ageless Fantasy and Hampton Sun!

I get really restless once spring arrives, so I move my winter clothes to the back of the closet and pull out sheer, flimsy shirts perfect for the season. I put away my boots and bring out my sexy, strappy sandals. And I change my perfume.

It's a mental as well physical change. Once the sun starts shining, I want warm, sultry and light scents. Here's a roundup of my most recent favourite finds:

Always Alfred Sung

Alfred Sung is a design icon (I still have a Club Monaco pencil case that I bought in the late 80s that still holds up today). He has done clothing, furniture, accessories and since 1986, has been creating memorable fragrances. His latest, Always Alfred Sung was made with a glowing, new bride in mind, but I have been with my fella for 7 years and I can't get enough of the stuff!

What is great about this scent is that while it is indeed light, it is memorable and remarkable. Waterlily intermingles with kumquat, neroli, pink peony and honeysuckle petals, sandalwood, patchouli and ambrette seeds.

It is a complex scents that develops and warms throughout the day, but is indubitably feminine. Maybe that's because Alfred was "inspired to create Always Alfred Sung after reading a biography of Grace Kelly."

Classic and timeless - it's no wonder.

Demeter Fragrance Library

I write about these guys as much as possible (type Demeter into the search bar to the right to see all the previous posts!), because their creations are unbelievably authentic and fun!

Recently, I've discovered the lovely and warm Beeswax, the unmistakable Baby Powder, tres retro Crayola, and my favourite new clean scent, Swimming Pool (previously I have lusted after Pure Soap and Rain...).

Whatever types of scent you are drawn to, Demeter has it. And then some.

I will forever wear Demeter fragrances because they allow me to follow my nose and my instincts. And because they are so affordable, you can get a whole collection of them and change it up daily!

Hampton Sun's Privet Bloom

Hampton Sun, a company dedicated to suncare products, has released it's signature scent, Privet Bloom.

It is a fresh and soapy scent that evokes the fun, ease and chic that is the Hamptons. Sea spray, dune grass, blue plum and privet blossom result in a fresh green smell that you find in spring and summer - freshly cut grass, new gardens in full bloom, warm, soft sand and ocean spray lapping against whitewashed houses.

I have always believed that the rich and well-to-do smell good and smell different than those of us "regular folk." Here's your chance to smell like a million bucks without having to spend it.

Bring the Hamptons home to you with Privet Bloom.

AGELESS FANTASY Anti Age Perfume by Harvey Prince

The first thing you should know about this scent is that a few moments after I first applied it, my fella entered the room and said, "Wow, you smell good. Really good. You look good too."

Okay, so it should be called Miracle in a Bottle just for that, don't you think?! I mean, all I'd done is applied a little perfume. I looked the same as always - no extra effort, no primping or preening - and here he was swooning.

And it gets better:

"Research has proven that men around women who use Ageless Fantasy™ believe them to be at least 8 years younger!" says the company.

And you know what? It's absolutely true! I ran my own little experiment. On days that I wore it, when I could, I'd ask people how old they thought I was and people consistently quoted numbers in the 20s (I'm late 30s)! Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

The medley of pink grapefruit, mango, anti-oxidant rich pomegranate, jasmine and musk, has been "clinically proven to make you smell younger," and when I think about what it smells like, I associate it with when I was a teen - though I don't know if it's a beauty product I'm thinking of or not.

Perhaps it's just that the sweet fruity and flowery fragrance of innocence, of having disposable income and unlimited time, of your first kiss and first love and the first signs of who you are and who you will become.

You'd be crazy not to try it and see the results for yourself!

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.