Le Creuset’s NEW Silicone Prep Bowls Are My Favourite Kitchen Tool!

Le Creuset is one of those companies that serious cooks love, because they make incredibly quality cookware that stands up to the high demands of our kitchens f-o-r-e-v-e-r.

A Le Creuset pot becomes as much a part of your kitchen as the stove and fridge.

But as much as I love their amazing, beautiful and colourful pots and pans, they are too heavy for my carpal tunnel –laden hands. Over the years, I've had to replace most of my big glass and porcelain bowls with plastic only because I can no longer handle the weight.

So I was thrilled to find a Silicone line of tools and accessories from the company that I trust and love and that I can actually use without hurting my hands!

I chose to try out Le Creuset's Silicone Prep Bowls because I’ve noticed that I’ve changed the way in which I cook – I chop and slice everything first, divide it all up into bowls (things to go in first, like meat and celery and things to add last, like fresh parsley and green onions) and then cook, as opposed to the usual, “do things as I go” method that has gotten me through cooking meals for the past 20 years.

So these prep bowls are actually something I’m really excited about because now I won’t have to use the only 4 small bowls that we have, that are actually too big for most things I want to mince and chop. I’ve got dedicated bowls that are dishwasher, oven, microwave and freezer safe (woo woo!)

The set includes 4 bowls that are premeasured – ¼ cup, 1/3 cup, ½ cup and 1 cup – and can be used to not only scoop or measure your food, but to serve small items like dips and sauces, nuts and sides.

The bowls are made from 100% premium quality, FDA compliant silicone and are super easy to store and clean. They come in Cherry, Cobalt, White or Multi. I got the Multi - each bowl is a different colour, so you can easily (and quickly) identify the size you need - nice! Don’t you love a nice time saver like that when you’re trying to get dinner on the table quickly?

Sigh. I love Le Creuset’s Silicone Prep Bowls and kind of wonder how I went so long without them.

Oh, I remember – putting everything in our 4 big bowls that take up the whole counter and take longer to wash and dry.

Well, that’s no way to live.

See the whole Le Creuset Line here and see what you’ve been missing.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.