Fischer & Wieser Specialty Foods Makes the Most Tantalizing Sauces & Marinades!

I have been cooking up a storm this winter and spring.

It’s weird. I don’t know what’s got into me. I’m out reviewing restaurants 4 or 5 nights a week, so shouldn’t I be sick of food, of not wanting to even get near the kitchen?

Nope. It seems that interviewing chefs and tasting some of the city’s best food has only propelled me closer to the stove and wanting to cook up a feast for my folks, fella, friends and neighbours.

So lately I have been shopping for organic meats, unusual produce and trying my hand at more complicated recipes and trying to marinate my meat at least a day in advance.

For me, that means a lot of time and planning, which can be difficult with my schedule, but I think the results are worth it!

So I got Fischer & Wieser’s The Original Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce, and marinated a turkey breast with it, as kind of a modern nod to Thanksgiving. It has a lovely sweet, spicy and smoky flavour and was a really nice change from the usual suspects of sauces that are on my grocer’s shelves. I may do that dish again for my next dinner party…

But have you tried their Havana Mojito Oven & Grill Sauce? (scroll down the page past the chipotle sauce…)

Oh-mawh-gawd!

After marinating organic pork chops in it and broiling them just to a delicate tenderness, I served them up to my fella with boiled mini potatoes, blanched green beans and a mixed salad, expecting the usual nod of appreciation and a clean plate at meal's end.

A guttural cry seeped out of him and for a moment, I thought he’d bit his cheek or tongue or pierced his hand with his fork.

I leapt outta my seat and just as I was about to step towards him, he yelped again, only this time, I realized it was pure elation and satisfaction.

Not only does this amazing concoction have real white rum, fresh mint and mangoes, but my guy couldn’t stop saying how good it was!

He also said it was one of the best meals he’s ever had.

If that’s not just about the best testimonial you can get…

As a young single girl, I had no problems with using jarred pasta sauces. Though it was the early nineties and things were a lot more processed back then, I was too busy working, dancing and having fun then spending a Sunday afternoon over a pot of tomatoes and spices.

Then I met my guy and he couldn’t believe people didn’t take the few small steps to make a homemade sauce.

Huh.

He was right.

So I stopped buying sauces and I made them each and every time.

But now with organic and homemade products being the quality they are, I do succumb to a sauce if it looks really, really good.

And WOW, are Mom’s Organic Sauces great!

Simple, yet rich and bursting with fresh flavours, these are the kinds of sauces that you’ll want to stock the cupboards with.

Even my fella had to admit that they were pretty fantastic.

Mom's Organic Traditional Pasta Sauce (scroll down the page) is made from organic tomatoes, organic onions, fresh, whole organic basil leaves and organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and is perfect not just on rigatoni or in baked ziti but beautiful over veal cutlets, underneath roast chicken and potatoes and served alongside your Mediterranean omlette and salad.

And don’t forget Mom's Organic Roasted Pepper Pasta Sauce, which is bursting with that body that only roasted red peppers can create. I used this on everything – sandwiches, with sausage and peppers and even baked on fresh halibut. Mmm!

I can’t get over the quality of ingredients and fresh taste of Fischer & Wieser’s Specialty Foods!

In fact, they’re sauces are so good that I’m back to being a jar girl after all! That means I’m still back at the stove, but just not for quite as long.

And seeing the weather outside today, I’m grateful for the extra time – I’m going to go ask my fella if he wants to take a stroll.

Good food, good company… it just doesn’t get any better than that.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.