5 Products to Instantly Improve Your Day!

3:33 pm

I think life is getting faster. I can barely keep up.

So I went in search of products that will save you time and improve your day

It’s a little thing, but it’s a nice thing.

I hope you have a great day!

Warmest wishes,

Stephanie Dickison
Publisher & Editor – the knack

Miss Jessie’s Rapid Recovery Treatment

If your hair is like mine – curly, wavy, kinky, wonky – then you’ll want to get yourself some Miss Jessie’s to deep condition your locks and smooth and protect your crazy hair.

Just use once a week for 10 minutes and see the difference in your hair’s quality, texture and shine. Thanks to shea butter, avocado cream oil and vegetable oil, your hair will be soft and silky and smell amazing too!

It’s also a great poolside option – leave it on your hair while you sun and come home with luscious locks that your friends will envy.

I got the big tub of it (12 oz.), but there’s also a travel size (2 oz.) so that you can bring the luxury with you!

Make your hair healthier, shinier and enviable in just ten minutes once a week!

Arm & Hammer’s Fridge Fresh

If you’re anything like me, your fridge gets filled with fresh fruit, veggies and spreads on the weekend and then sits on the shelves, just waiting to be picked up.

I’ll have every intention of using the stuff, but then I’ll have a restaurant review or an event that happens during the dinner hour – no matter how much I carefully plan, my dinner making plans go out the window.

Some weeks are better than others, but those weeks that I forget about that mango in the bottom drawer – well, I have to call in help.

Arm & Hammer’s Fridge Fresh Refrigerator Air Filter has the power of Arm & Hammer’s Baking Soda – something I’ve used since my first apartment at the age of 20 – but with a more up-to-date design than the yellow box at the back of the fridge.

Now there is a new flow-thru design that allows twice as much baking soda to be exposed compared to the traditional box, a super-grip suction cup so that it attaches to the side of the fridge without slipping and doesn’t take up valuable space on your shelves and a replacement indicator window that turns pink to let you know when to replace it (usually 3 months for the fridge, 6 months for the freezer).

I do try to eat well and cook healthy meals for my fella and I, but I realize that now my job takes me out a lot of weeknights and I am usually eating wherever the meeting or event happens.

At least when I come home now, I can open the fridge for a glass of juice or a piece of fruit and not have to worry about any odors.

That mango in the corner though? That’ll have to wait until morning to come out…

Shaw Treatment

Even though it’s a lot warmer out now, my skin is still dry. I constantly have to reapply lotion.

Then I found Shaw Treatment’s Swahili Coast Body Lotion and Tumai Botanical Lotion, both of whose proceeds – 100% - go to Africa.

The Swahili lotion smells like the tropics - papaya and coconut – and has lots of moisturizing and conditioning agents such as grape seed, avocado and jojoba oils, shea butter and aloe, along with vitamins A, C, D and E to keep your skin soft and smooth.

And the Tumai has natural tea tree and lemongrass oil to give you a fresh scented lotion that instantly wakes you up!

It too has nourishing ingredients like hemp seed oil to give your skin the quenching it so needs.

All Shaw Treatment products are free of parabens, SLS and petroleum by-products and the contents are biodegradable, so you can use them with a clear conscience.

So lotion up and get ready for smooth skin that smells great.

Now that didn’t take long did it?

DC Duby Wild Sweet Chocolate Bars

You know by now that a little square of dark chocolate is actually good for you.

But if you can only have the one, you want it to be really, really good, right?

I first saw DC Duby Wild Sweet Bars at a restaurant show and had a feeling that they would be exquisite.

Then I got the chance to taste them.

Wow.

All start with select Origin 70% dark chocolate.

Then the fun begins!

There are Arome BarsSweet Blend Hazelnut Spice and Mint Pistachio Berg – that have incredibly smooth praline butter fillings are made from ”deeply roasted nuts that have been impeccably scented with enchanting oil infusions.”

Doesn’t that sound incredible?

And then the Texture BarsNougatine Brittle and Caramel Crunch – have that wonderful crunch that you sometimes crave in the middle of the afternoon, or just after dinner.

If you’re going to have a piece of dark chocolate, make it a DC Duby Wild Sweet one.

Yves Veggie Cuisine Italian Ground Round

It’s been a crazy couple of weeks and when I get in, I want to get dinner on the table quickly, yet make healthy fare that tastes good.

I know. It’s a challenge, but it can be done.

Two nights in a round, I made delicious dinners that took almost no time at all.

One night I cooked brown rice macaroni, while I made a simple arrabiata of crushed tomatoes and spices and added in crumbled Yves Veggie Cuisine Italian Ground Round.

It looks and feels just like ground beef and tastes quite similar, especially in texture and with the help of Italian seasonings. It’s a lot lighter than ground meat, though, which I love and well, the health factor is huge of course as well. And you don’t have to cook it – only heat it through – which saves a ton of time and it means that you can get dinner on the table in a fraction of the time.

The next night I made a quick soup from leftover sweet potatoes and added fresh green onion, basil and other herbs. To accompany the soup, I prepared a flatbread with the leftover sauce from the pasta, crumbled the ground round on top and added sliced olives, onions, roasted red peppers and artichokes.

Well, it was simply incredible. My fella and I ate the whole darn thing and it only took about 10 minutes to do!

It is one of my new favourite time savers. I haven’t had a chance to try the other Yves Veggie Ground varieties, but you can bet that next time you see my fridge, it’ll be there right beside the rest of my weekly staples.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like me on Facebook