Nando’s Peri-Peri Sauces Tease My Taste Buds!9:51 am
One of the flavours that make it taste so good is Peri-Peri – a South African chili or Bird’s-Eye chili that is made into a decadent hot sauce that is like no other – it’s hot, sweet and lemony. Mmmm!
They carry Extra Mild Lemon, Wild Herb (Medium Heat), Garlic (Medium Heat), Hot and Extra Hot, so you can find something that will fit with your own heat tolerance.
I use it on everything from eggs for breakfast to pork medallions at dinner. I can’t get enough of the stuff! And you can use it to add a little heat to dishes as you’re cooking, so add some to soups, chilies and stews or to that marinade that you’ve got going for tonight’s dinner.
You’ll be pleased to know that these sauces have no preservatives, additives, colorants, artificial flavorants, MSG or GMOs.
Nando’s Marinades are a great way to get the Peri-Peri flavour and heat into your meats quickly – it only takes 15 minutes! The longer you leave it on, the spicier it gets! What a great thing to have just in time for barbeque season!
There are 3 flavours to choose from – Sundried Tomato, Lime and Cilantro and Barbeque – so you can switch it up between meats and vegetables! I used the Lime and Cilantro on chicken and fish and the Sundried Tomato and Barbeque on wild game, pork and beef and all of them on vegetable and rice dishes. I am hooked!
I have to say, though, my very favourite item was the Cooking Sauce. Nando’s created Colonial Portuguese Flavours with either mild or medium Peri-Peri, all in an easy to use sauce from a jar that tastes outta this world! There’s Sweet Apricot, Roasted Reds, Fresh Lemon and Curry Coconut and I just couldn’t get enough of them! I was simmering everything in them. I tried the Curry Coconut and Fresh Lemon and they really livened up my winter cooking! I can’t wait to incorporate them into my spring menus!
To see where they are available in your area, please check out their retail section for locations.
And there’s more good news from Nando’s! Having chillies in your diet is a good thing! Here’s what they say about it on the website:
“Here are some of the health benefits that chillies provide:
- High levels of Vitamin C, which is an antioxidant that binds with free radicals (those bodies that cause cells to mutate) and is essential for the formation of collagen. One Jalapeño chilli contains more vitamin C than three oranges.
- An excellent purifying agent
- A tremendous source of vitamin A, folic acid and potassium
- Chillies also contain Calcium, Phosphorus, Iron, Sodium, Magnesium, Thiamine (Vit B1), Riboflavin (Vit B2) and Niacin
- An effective decongestant (as many a teary-eyed chilli eater will confirm)
- Thinning of the blood, essential to prevent blood clots (Capsaicin - the heat component in Chillies)
- A lowering effect on cholesterol (Capsaicin)
Chillies are also believed to trigger the release of endorphins, chemicals produced by the body which tend to lift your spirits. A good diet would include peri-peri in at least one meal a day, 365 days of the year!”
And if you like in Alberta, British Columbia or Ontario, you can now go to Nando’s Chicken Restaurants and get your Peri-Peri fill!
Mmm. My mouth’s watering already and it’s not even 10 a.m.!
Check out Nando’s and see what a difference Peri-Peri makes!!