Making Dinner Is Easy and Exotic Thanks to Pereg Gourmet

I love to cook, but had noticed awhile ago that although I might make different dishes, they all had that distinct “Stephanie” touch (read: tasted the same).

So I revamped my pantry and spice rack and began to really experiment. And while my experiment worked, sometimes after a long day of writing and meetings, I didn’t feel like spending 2 hours in the kitchen creating new layers of flavour. Sometimes you just want quick food that tastes good.

Pereg-Gourmet is a company of 3rd Generation olive oil and spice manufacturers and offers a wide variety of spices and seasoning mixes that help make your food come alive!

I love their Mexican breadcrumbs! Light and crunchy, they were the perfect complement to my chicken stuffed with roasted red peppers and brie. I can’t wait to try their other versions – American, Classic and Viennese.

Pereg Gourmet introduced quinoa (pronounced keen-wa), a grain that comes from the Mountains of South America Quinoa's origins are truly ancient. It was one of the three staple foods, along with corn and potatoes, of the Inca civilization. Quinoa was known then, and still is known, with respect, as the mother grain. The company calls it the "Super grain of the Future."

It is incredibly good for you and a nice change from couscous and rice. Their Quinoa Mixes come in a container with all the spices and flavourings included, so you just add water, put it on the stove and serve! I tried the Italian mix which was light but vibrant with flavour! There are 2 other varieties to choose from as well.

Rice is one of those things I would only make occasionally because I found it difficult to make it really something great without spending a lot of time on it. Then I discovered Pereg Gourmet’s Mix for Rice, which I have to say, are now something I can’t live without.

I tried all 4 and love them! Some are just fruit and nut mixtures that you add to your rice, like the Almonds with Cranberries and Pine Nuts with Fried Onion, but my favourite was the Mixed Vegetable with its fragrant spices! Mmm. Now I love the possibility of rice for dinner – isn’t that neat?

Pereg also has a great deal of spices available, which I highly recommend. They are incredible fresh and pure – there are no additives or preservatives. I got Mint Leaves for Moroccan tea, which are fabulous and will also make their way into other creations and the Shawarma spice to make our chicken just a little more exciting!

So if you are looking for a way to spice up your cooking, try Pereg Gourmet. You won’t be disappointed.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.