Making Life Easier With Great Beauty Finds!

9:51 am

I know that it is difficult to mine through the aisles of the despartment/drugstore and try to figure out what products work and that you really like.

That’s why you have me.

I’m here to try the products and then tell you what I love and hopefully that will make you want to try it too! I know all products don’t work for all people, but if I can help by describing the feel, smell and results of a product, then I consider it a good day’s work!

And besides, I know how expensive and how much time all of that takes. And what if you could get it online and save yourself even more time?!

These, I think, might just make your day!


Stephanie Dickison
CEO and Beauty Editor of the knack

Fresh Scents by Terri

I prefer fresh, clean scents and Terri has it down pat. Her Tangerine Kiss Shimmer Spray is light and playful – perfect for warm summer nights!

And I am in love with her Zoe Eau de Parfum which is a light sheer musk that is perfect for day or evening wear.

Terri clearly has a talent for scent. If you are looking for something light and lovely, this is your girl!

Purity Cosmetics

If All Natural and Organic are what you’re looking for, Purity Cosmetics is a perfect place to get your face and body products.

I got the try 100% Pure Pink Grapefruit Body Butter which is packed with potent and anti-aging antioxidants and is 15% vitamin C and 15% vitamin E, so you know you’re doing your body good. And it’s concentrated, so a little goes a long way. Finally! A body product that isn’t used up in a week – yay!

I also loved the 100% Pure Eucalyptus Seafoam Purifying Facial Cleanser which is incredibly refreshing and light. It also invigorates your skin thanks to the eucalyptus, tea tree and peppermint and feels great.

They also have Fruit Pigment Cosmetics, which I think will be of great interest to a lot of gals…

Juara Skincare

What a great idea – a skincare line is inspired by Indonesian botanicals and ancient, tropical beauty treatments.

I tried their Candlenut Body Cream and loved its richness and velvety finish. I also like that they have a lot of stuff that I haven’t seen elsewhere. As a beauty editor, you see a lot of the same ingredients used over and over, but with Juara, you are sure to find something that you’ve never heard of before!

Alison Raffaele

As I get older, I flip back and forth from wanting to conceal certain areas to allowing my true self shine through.

Two products from Alison Raffaele speak to those concerns beautifully:

True Concealer is one of those products that once you start using it, you won’t be able to stop. Rich coverage is a given along with aloe and vitamins A, C and E. It is Makeup Artist Developed with 100% Mineral Oil. It is also fragrance free.

Transparent Finish Invisible Face Powder is so lightweight, you won’t feel a thing. But you’ll notice that you have a shine-free face that lasts all day. It is also fragrance and pigment free.

Lola Cosmetics

You’ve got to love a company whose tag line is Lust Often, Love Always.

Lola has a great line of cosmetics and I tried their Highlighter Pencil. It’s really neat. I’ve been trying to come up with a way to describe it, but I think Lola (read: Victoria Jackson) says it best on the thick red box it came in:

“Think of this pencil as Mr. Fix-It. Just a dab here, a stroke there and you’ve brightened and you’ve lightened all those problem areas.”

I used it along my brow line to highlight the area and used it to cover a very light sun spot on my cheek. It really is a great tool and I love having the control of the pencil tip as I find if I’m using a cream with my fingertip, that I often do a larger area than necessary. This was perfect.

I can’t wait to check out the rest of the line.

You Might Also Like


Like me on Facebook