Jack and Jill Went Up the Hill… And Made the Best Cosmetics!

Some makeup companies create wonderful lines but don’t think about how it’s going to be bumping around our bags, totes, purses and luggage.

Jack & Jill Cosmetics, created by incredible make-up artist Jill Ventimiglia, is makeup that is actually portable!

In slim little cases with a quote on each mirror that will make you smile, you will find everything you need to look good on the go, at work or once the sun sets – Jill has thought of everything!

Though Jill is currently known for her Hollywood and red carpet events and creating Beyoncé and Jennifer Hudson’s makeup for Dreamgirls, it’s us regular, everyday girls that are looking for secrets to looking good.

Jill’s makeup is mineral based and enriched with vitamins so you know that what you are putting on your skin won’t cause you harm – and hopefully no breakouts.

She has created palettes for specific skin/hair/eye colourings, so you don’t have to wonder, “What colours should I wear?” Jill has taken out the guesswork and giving us makeup that we can actually use and apply like a professional.

Face in a Case contains powder, 2 blushes (that can be worn alone or together), 3 high-pigmented eye shadows and an eyeliner in either black or brown.

The Eye Palette has 5 shadows that can be used either wet or dry. The Lip Palette offers 2 lipsticks and a shiny gloss. They can be used on their own or mixed for your own personal mash-up!

And for a lip treat, try the Lip Palette. Your lips never looked so good.

The Shea Butter Foundation stick is oh-so-creamy and comes in a thick stick that allows for all over coverage or if you want to use it as concealer, you can easily pinpoint your problem areas. It contains no mineral oil and is SPF 18. It comes in 12 colours and was “formulated with sensitive skin in mind, so it won’t break you out.”

Thank goodness.

I love that I don’t have to worry about what colours to wear, but I can still mix and match the colours offered to personalize it further.

I am a totally spaz when it comes to applying makeup, so the simpler the better for me.

And with Jill’s palettes, for once I don’t feel like a spaz when I’m applying it.

I loved the Lucy blushes as they complement my skin better than the bronzer I’ve been using, and the Girl Next Door eyeshadows are subtle, but really make my green eyes pop.

Jill is a makeup expert and now thanks to her, I am too.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.