Pretty Natural

One of the reasons I love writing about new products is that I get to pass on the experience to you.

And what a wonderful experience I had with lavera!

In case you don’t know them yet, it was founded by Thomas Haase who has suffered since he was a little fella from dermatitis. He has been seeking out natural remedies ever since and founded lavera in 1987.

All of the products are 100% natural – that means they are free of parabens, PEG and GMO – and they are not tested on animals. Nearly all of these use certified organic ingredients, and many are certified vegan.

I apply the Hydro Sensation Energy Cream, which is my favourite new moisturizer! It has evened my skin tone and certainly firmed up my skin. Even my slight wrinkles seem to have receded! It smells good and feels like it’s hydrating my skin upon application. I could tell you the science behind it – concentrates of bio-hyaluronic acid, pro-retinol A and Co-Enzyme Q10 – but in laymen’s terms - it works!

I also try their Anti-Aging SPF 20 Sun Milk which is 100% mineral and “effective immediately after application.” Guess what I’m going to be taking with me everywhere from now on?

I dab on the lip gloss (the colour is no. 3, which looks like it could work on any skin tone and is extremely complementary to my fair skin) and I am pleased to know that it has Vitamin E and Jojoba for moisture and the crushed natural minerals not only add shimmer but give added anti-aging sun protection!

And their Volume Mascara is wonderful. It defines my lashes but leaves them looking natural, which I am grateful for. Often when I wear mascara, I have a Liza Minnelli thing happening which can be quite frightening. Now when I put on the lavera mascara, my eyes are highlighted, but in a good, natural way. In fact, when I’ve worn it, people comment on how nice my eyes look. Now that’s a product that works!

I really love these products because they are natural, great quality and they work. I think I’ll give their shampoos, tinted moisturizer and shower & bath gels a try next.

And in case you thought I forgot all about you fellas, don’t worry. I’ve got you covered. There is a Men’s Spa line too that I am sure will make their way into your bathroom cabinet.

I’m off to review a restaurant tonight and I have never felt more confident about my skin’s appearance. For the first time ever, I am sorry I will be dining by candlelight.

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.